Market Events Detail
- 1st Annual National Pie Day Fundraiser
- January 23, 2018. Come out and celebrate National Pie Day and help support the Market by purchasing pies made in our very own Artisans Kitchen. 9am - 7pm.
- January 6, 2018. The Frankenmuth Farmers Market will be offering complimentary bean soup in recognition of National Bean Day, beginning at 12pm.
- November 24-26 and December 1-3. The Christkindlmarkt offers food, fun, festivity, and shopping in a heated tent over the course of two weekends. Each weekend, local artists, growers, and producers will offer a wide range of products, foods, gifts, jewelry, décor and more. Over two dozen artisans will appear daily with a different selection, encouraging guests to return each day while shopping the rest of the stores in the heart of Frankenmuth. The focus is on local, quality, artisanal specialties for customers to enjoy themselves or purchase as gifts. Featured items include made-to-order greenery and garlands, fresh local chestnuts and chestnut products, traditional baked delights, cooking sauces and condiments, teas, honey and beeswax products, preserves, handmade jewelry, clothing, ornaments, décor, knitted wares, handmade soaps, dog treats, and more.
READ MORE HERE.
Mike Young Buick GMC
- Free Kid's Program
- Wednesdays July through September 2017. Inspired by the national Farmers Market Coalition, “The Power of Produce” (PoP) program engages children in their local food system by connecting with farmers, participating in games and demonstrations, and being exposed to buying and cooking fresh fruits and vegetables. The MidMichigan 100+ Women Who Care are contributing $10,000 to provide 200 children ages 5-12 a weekly $2 token, educational activity, t-shirt and re-usable shopping totebag. The $2 token is redeemable only for fresh fruits or vegetables by participating children, not accompanying adults. Benefiting the entire region, PoP will serve the 200 first students to apply from Birch Run, Bridgeport, Frankenmuth, Frankentrost, Reese, Richville and Vassar school districts. To register, email the child’s name, age, school, t-shirt size and parent name to email@example.com, or sign up in person at the 3-7pm Wednesday Markets.
- FFM Vintage & Artisans Market
- July 16, 2017. This will feature vintage, retro, rustic, antique, and shabby chic treasures. APPLY HERE
- Celebrity Deomonstration
- Wednesday, July 26, 3-7pm. Meet Chef Isabella, Personal Chef of Florine Mark, President and CEO of Weight Watchers. Demonstration from 6-7pm.
- Pig Roast
- August 12, 2017. Zehnder’s of Frankenmuth’s Pig Roast at the Market will takes place annually on a Saturday in the late summer, at the Market’s new location, 534 North Main Street next to Frankenmuth Credit Union. With the Market operating 9am-1pm that day, diners will savor their swine on the Market Midway in the middle of the vendors’ booths. Meals typically include a roasted pork sandwich, Market corn-on-the-cob, coleslaw, Market watermelon, dessert, and iced tea. Market farmers are providing all produce, and the pork can be slathered with a selecti on of Market vendors’ sauces.
- Feast of the Harvest Moon
- Tuesday, September 26, 2017. Our eighth annual signature fundraising dinner, the Feast of the Harvest Moon, will be held at Market for the second time. This is a celebration of local food—those who grow it, those who cook it, and those who feast on it! The occasion is held in observance of the Harvest Moon, the full moon nearest the fall equinox, which illuminated fields late into the night so farmers could reap their crops. The evening will begin at 5:30pm with a reception before the dinner. Beverage pairings will accompany the sumptuous extravaganza of local foods, and a cash bar will be available. Keeping with all things local, three separate pork entrée renditions will be provided by former host of this event, Zehnder’s of Frankenmuth, along with Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn and the Bavarian Inn Lodge. The Market will be preparing the complement of courses, family-style sides and dessert to complete the meal of all locally-sourced food. Limited rare and exclusive dining experiences for future bookings at the Market will be included in the auction. Tickets at $60 each are limited to 70 guests, available now at the Farm Store or by calling the Market. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, the Market is focused on educating people about the importance and impact of local foods, farmers, producers, and those who feed us. The experience will be an enriching one for everyone involved while working towards a more closely connected food system for the future.